Fitness Matakana is a modern and unique, well equipped fitness studio focused on group fitness classes.
Situated in the Matakana Country Park just 5 minutes from Omaha Beach you will be surprised by the view from the treadmill.
Our friendly team wants to make it fun to get fit and healthy so your workouts will always be changing and challenging, motivational and offered with options for your fitness level. Come join us.
What We Offer?
At Fitness Matakana we focus on classes where everyone supports and encourages each other.
Because we believe you deserve the best, we bring you the world renown Les Mills group fitness classes, along with Pilates and various other Circuit classes. All our classes are lead by trained instructors who love group fitness.
For those that require a more personalised workout we have qualified personal trainers.
Everyone is different and when you work one on one with a personal trainer your workout can be tailored around injuries, to match your fitness level and meet your health and fitness goals. Contact us if you would like to be put in touch with a personal trainer to discuss options.
If you prefer to workout on your own we can create a program for you.
Or maybe your physiotherapist has recommended you spend some time on an exercycle to rehabilitate your knee. During our open sessions you can avail yourself of all our quality equipment and workout at your own pace.
Our studio is available for hire.
Having a girls weekend and want to have your own private class? Your business is planning a team building exercise and needs some space?
Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Why do We Love Group Fitness?
- Your workout is supervised by a trained professional so you are guided through correct technique from warm up to cool down and everything in between.
- Because the instructor is focused on your workout they can encourage you to push yourself in places or pull back and try a different option when you need it.
- You can’t procrastinate and say “I’ll go a bit later”. It’s at the class time or you miss out you are more inclined to stick with your exercise regime and workout more often getting you to your goals quicker.
- You can’t help but get to know other people in your regular class so it quickly becomes a workout with friends. It is a social event, not just a workout.
- Doing the same workout for 4-6 weeks gets boring for most people. Not so with classes. Our instructors change things up each week and in some cases each class. Different moves, different music.
- Variety is the spice of life.
The Les Mills Connection
Les Mills was a New Zealand athlete who competed in the shotput and discus, achieving gold, silver and bronze medals at the commonwealth games in 1966 and 1970. Les and his wife opened a gym and by the 1980s group fitness was born through Jazzercize classes.
At this point Les’ son, Phillip Mills took over and together with other family members has built the business to the point where Les Mills in Victoria St is like a Mecca to thousands of instructors around the world. The Les Mills brand of classes is now found in nearly 100 countries around the world with millions of people enjoying the experience of a Les Mills workout out every day.
Les Mills classes held at Fitness Matakana include BodyPump, BodyBalance, BodyCombat, CXWorx and RPM.
Other Les Mills classes include BodyStep, BodyAttack, BodyJam, BodyVive, Sh’Bam, Sprint, Grit Strength/Plyo/Cardio and Born to Move.
Why do we believe in Les Mills classes?
- Every 3 months is new release time. This means each program gets new music and new choreography but most importantly the latest in training techniques.
- World leaders in the fitness industry develop the programs using the latest in training techniques.
- All classes are fully choreographed by Les Mills so no matter where you are in the world you can be sure of the quality of the workout.
- Instructors are trained by Les Mills Master Trainers and are certified by Les Mills. This certification is reviewed every two years to ensure standards are maintained.
- To ensure the quality of the classes only instructors certified by Les Mills can teach Les Mills classes and Les Mills classes can only be held in Les Mills approved studios/gyms.
Make an EFFORT, not an excuse!
We have heard every excuse under the sun but if something is a priority to you, you will make time.
What makes your list of priorities in life? Most people say that health, wealth, happiness and family would be the top four.
So, what do you do to ensure your good health? Have you made an effort, or just excuses?